SAIC is seeking a web developer to support ongoing development and design to enhance our customer's web application. The web application allows users to quickly submit metadata about internal and external products, service enabled data, tools, support, and/or valuable knowledge through a web interface for efficient exposure and discoverability across the community.
*Applicants should have high level of confidence coding with AngularJS and Selenium.*
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, configures and maintains website(s).
- Ensures website(s) is available to the desired audience with appropriate links and security.
- Develops, assesses and communicates website usage and security policies and procedures.
- Designs web page layout, graphics, color schemes and infrastructure to maintain a cohesive website based on the organization's communications strategies and goals.
- Researches and evaluates new related technologies.
- Develop SOPs, User Guides, Test Guides, and associated business processes and plans required for operation and improvement of the web application and to ensure continuity.
- Create and maintain an automated workflow tool to facilitate the contribution, exposure and discovery of knowledge and resources. Create and maintain capabilities to expose the automated tool’s dataset(s) to other integrating capabilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to interpret and implement customer requirements.
- Maintain and track an Agile schedule in an appropriate project management capability (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.)
- Incorporate GEOINT metadata standards, where applicable, to ensure applications adhere to, and support, proper guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure connectivity between application programming interfaces (APIs), both internal and external to TF capabilities.
- Incorporate and adhere to U.S. Web Design Standards for all applicable user interface or other design frameworks and standards specified by the government.
- Create and maintain user and administrative roles testing procedures and scripts for development and operational resources across all applicable domains.
- Provide testing results to the development team and work collaboratively on bug resolution.
- Maintain testing procedures, scripts and results for development and operational resources.
- Analyze, report and incorporate application test findings into pipeline backlog for necessary updates.
- Create and maintain system and web application configuration documentation for ongoing operations across all applicable domains.
- Distribute and maintain code bases across all applicable domains.
- Ensure storage for all code in a central repository to include versioning history and back-ups.
- Coordinate application testing across user base.
- Maintain system architecture and functionality consistency across all domains.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system functionality anomalies.
- Coordinate resolution of issues for external systems, capabilities, or toolsets with the responsible external entity.
- Assist application user-base with issues and troubleshooting/resolving system functionality anomalies.
- Manage and adjudicate application feedback.
- Create and maintain user guides and provide user training as required.
- Track and manage internal and external taskers.
- Provide live demonstrations of capabilities and enhancements, as required.
- Maintain a network of support personnel within a DevOps environment and ensure currency of information.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with back-end architecture and/or front-end, user experience design.
- Demonstrated experience with a cloud-based or DevOps environment and/or open source capabilities (e.g. GITLab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Jenkins, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience creating and/or maintaining configuration documentation for ongoing operation of resources.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience demonstrating cross-business maintenance/sustainment operations activity (e.g. outages, updates change requests, documentation, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in complex NGA/IC System Architecture).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience creating and maintaining user guides, training, and/or other user-based documentation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preparing briefing materials and facilitating live capability demonstrations for presentation to senior leadership, NSG, ASG, academia or private sector.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. Redmine, JIRA, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating code testing tools to identify vulnerabilities and security flaws (e.g. HP Fortify, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year experience researching, understanding and/or implementing General Services Administration (GSA) 18F/U.S. Web Design Standards Framework.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.