Job ID: 215253
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a qualified Operational Level of War Training Team OLWTT Scenario Developer / MSEL Writer, NWDC at Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC), Norfolk, VA.
The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise (SME), Master Sequence Events List (MSEL) Implementer, and Scenario Developer support to USFF in the accomplishment of their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers (MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands (NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War (OLW).
The ideal candidate must have naval operational experience and knowledge for how MSELs and scenarios development support the following areas: Operations, Plans, Command and Control (C2) Command Authorities, Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations, Integrated Air and Missile Defense/Ballistic Missile Defense, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), OLW Logistics, Special Operations Forces/Irregular Warfare, Inter Agency, C2 Systems, Command and Control of Command and Control (C2 of C2) or Assured C2 Process, Strategic Communications, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Information Management/Knowledge Management, Personnel, and Assessments.
Additionally, the ideal candidate must have performance-based Operational Level Exercise Program (OL-EP) experience, which includes the full spectrum of maritime operations support tasks required in the conduct of simulated and real-world events (local, remote, distributed, live, virtual, and constructive; friendly, neutral, and threat maritime forces). These tasks include, but are not limited to: exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and tests, event response and control cells, assessment, as well as support to development of future maritime domains within the joint training environment.
Specific Functional Area duties will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Coordinate with MOC Training Team (TT) on-site contractor staff, as required, to accomplish tasks, briefs and pointpapers to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with appropriate MOC TT members to prepare required reports, staff actions, point-papers, talking points, and all other staff products in support of but not limited to the following activities of USFF OLW:
- Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific storylines that ensure the commander's training objectives are accomplished. Assist government representatives in debrief of OLW exercises in accordance with appropriate measures of effectiveness (MOE) using USFF established Navy Mission Essential Task Lists (NMETL).
- Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
- Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required.
- Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
- Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
- Provide for the execution of synthetic war-gaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required.
- Provide the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
- Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR) and daily summary reports.
- Participate in the development of the AARs based on observations of the training audience during exercise execution.
- Develop and maintain MOC levels of performance, readiness assessment and feedback standards, as well as associated standard metrics (training proficiency observations (TPO), training proficiency evaluations (TPE), training proficiency assessments (TPA), mission training assessments (MTA), and mission assessments (MA)) for entry into the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) and the Defense Readiness Reporting System (Navy) (DRRS-N).
- Ensure exercise training objectives are supported by scenario elements, storylines, and MSEL implementers (Intelligence reports, message traffic, assessments, etc.) to be utilized in Operational Level Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) and Maritime Operations Center Training.
- Ensure scenario elements, storylines, and MSELS are linked to appropriate simulation activities and databases, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) stimulus, order of battle rosters, and other supporting technical or operational means as necessary to satisfy exercise and training audience objectives.
- U.S. citizen with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Nine years of experience with military operations. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Five years of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) experience in OLW exercises/Fleet Synthetic Training/service equivalent exercises.
- Five years of scenario development and MSEL writing experience.
- Experience with the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS).
- Former Navy Submarine Officer with 10 years of experience in Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and Theater Anti-Submarine Warfare (TASW), including command and control of air, surface and submarine operations desired.
- Ability to meet medical screening qualifications to embark on U.S. Navy, USNS or host nation ships when required to get underway for periods in excess of 24 hours.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Current DoD Top Secret Clearance. Must be TS/SCI eligible
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.