Overall Assignment Description:
The CIO-T/TF/TFIC Integration Division, Demand Services Branch requires Database Administrator with experience working in a cloud-based, DEVOPS environment. The individual will join our Infrastructure Team and be responsible for managing the databases behind our web inventory as well as the databases behind our business analytics tool Matomo (formerly PWIK).
Duties may include:
- Manage the development and document of system: Architectural, Planning, Configuration, Issue Mitigation, Standardization of IT/OPS Processes / Procedures and integration of Best Practices.
- Manage, monitor, maintain, backup, restore and deploy MySQL databases in Amazon Web Services (RDS).
- Responsible for setting up the connections to move data in, out, and in-between data stores.
- Assist in the development of the Business Analytics strategy and framework to include training and guidance relating to the statistical analysis tools included in the Enterprise Business Analytics toolkit.
- Assist with implementation of statistical analysis process improvements of existing Business Analytics customers.
- Facilitate meaningful interaction between NGA and their customers to help them understand statistical analysis results and refine data sets to answer specific business questions.
- Develop strategies for performance metrics to assess Business Analytics maturity level.
- Work with various stakeholders to develop business questions and identify the data necessary to analyze to answer those questions.
- Collaborate across a diverse team of statisticians and data analysts.
- Provide systems administration functions for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Maintain and create cloud compute instances, storage, and other cloud services.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and processes related to these systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all cloud and non-cloud devices within TF’s operation.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provide continual improvement recommendations for engineering and administration of cloud structure, processes, and practices.
- Participate in the architecture development and design of AWS cloud migrations.
- Manage Amazon Web Service Cloud environments leveraging services such as VPC, EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, CloudWatch, IAM, etc.
- Perform daily application updates and maintenance functions.
- Deploy monthly security patches and updates.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or STEM related degree Or equivalent years of work related experience in the information technology field.
- Demonstrate experience supporting programs in NGA and/or federal government given the nuances in the approach to DEVOPS, as well as experience/exposure to web analytics tools such as Matomo, Pwik, DAP, and/or Google Analytics.
- Must possess experience with MySQL database management.
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or managing system engineering projects that require cloud transitions and mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and IC cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated experience developing, designing and documenting system architecture and selecting accurate AWS components to implement that architecture.
- Minimum 7 years of systems engineering program management and/or senior leadership experience within the IC.
- Minimum of 3 years of reporting and communicating system engineering program progress to senior leaders.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using commercial off the shelf (COTS) communication and visualization tools to visualize and communicate complex quantitative information and analysis. Examples include but are not limited to Tableau and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with NGA’s Risk Evaluation Acceleration Management Process (REvAMP) process.
- Demonstrated experience determining estimates for Amazon Web Services (AWS) usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.