SAIC is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to join our team in support of work taking place at the Army Human Resources Command, while working from home. This individual with be a critical member of a team of DBA's providing customer support. Candidate is expected to perform troubleshooting, administration, monitoring, tuning, and operations functions on Oracle databases for mission critical application for a federal government agency. Must be able to understand advanced database technology concepts at a detailed level, ask the right questions, and work well with vendors, SME's, engineers, management and customers. Excellent communication skills are important including an ability to explain complex database concepts to all levels of system users and management.
This is a Remote / Virtual / Work from Home position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide real time support to maintain the necessary functionality and respond to issues as they arise for Oracle.
- Ensures availability, security, integrity, and performance of assigned databases.
- Recommends and implements data models and database designs that support efficient data access.
- Exercises critical thinking and problem-solving when resolving database performance, capacity, replication, and other data issues.
- Installs and configures database management software and applicable options, packs and patches while adhering to standards.
- Collaborates with developers and programmers to understand the potential architectural impacts of different database strategies and coding practices.
- Develops and implements database deliverables, such as conceptual designs, logical designs, and capacity planning, external data interface specifications, data loading plans, data maintenance plans, and security policies.
- Builds IT solutions to ensure they meet the business needs while maintaining a focus on enterprise goals and integration strategies.
- Partners with Business Teams to assess how technologies can best streamline processes and/or add business value.
- Keeps current with key technology, business and industry trends.
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Develops innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Follows both industry best practices and standards in all database areas.
- Automates repetitive and/or error-prone tasks.
- Schedules and manages jobs for data transfers and sundry procedures and monitors performance and impact on operations.
- Analyzes long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Configures, supports, and optimizes replication.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Able to work successfully in a fast-paced operations and development environment.
- Experience with RAC.
- Solid experience with RMAN, ASH/AWR Reports, DataPump, SQlLoader, and Query tuning.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Four (4) additional years of relevant experience may be substituted instead of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Oracle.
- Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
- Strong knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures, functions, synonyms, and Unix/Linux (RHEL) environments, OEM and some third party tools such as Putty, Toad, SQL Developer, etc.
- Clearance Requirement: Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Security+ prior to start date.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.