The contractor will perform the following activities:
- Serve as a principal advisor to the Government on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of an Information System (IS);
- Provide the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an IS. Maintain responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of the system. Responsibilities may also include:
- Security Control Validation Visits
- Secure Configuration and Change management
- Event Management
- Account Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Incident Management
- POA&M Management
- Collaborate with the System Owner to maintain Approval to Operate (ATO), including the resolution of any Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) documents issued by the DAO;
- Maintain and validate account and vulnerability management;
- Develop and provide update System security Plans (SSPs) and supporting documentation (e.g. SECONOPs, diagrams, Privileged User’s Guide);
- Respond to any data calls;
- Provide security design guidance and analysis to the project team throughout the RMF process;
- Collaborate with the Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) in the design, build, and self-test of systems;
- Perform reviews of technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommended mitigation strategies;
- Utilize XACTA, the system of record for SCA data
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Fifteen years of experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- DoD8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 or higher is required.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.