SAIC is looking for an immediate fill for a position to support USSTRATCOM/J55 encompassing analytical support for the Command’s deterrence planning efforts. This position will support a broad spectrum of advisory and assistance services in support of all planning, implementation, coordination, and analysis of the mission to meet the J55 deterrence planning requirements. To include the following areas:
Support for the refinement of Deterrence Analysis Methodology as follows:
- Enhance development of a means of archiving, sourcing, and updating an Adversary Decision Calculus Planning Analysis based on new information regarding the adversary’s perceptions and decision-making, or on developments that might significantly influence those perceptions.
- Support refinement and expansion of interactions with the intelligence community, outside experts, and other agencies to enhance such analysis. The approach shall include an evaluation of the roles existing intelligence resources and assets play in supporting deterrence analysis.
Ability to assist USSTRATCOM in maintaining Deterrence Analysis and Planning Support operational capability to include:
- Applying lessons learned to revise and refine Deterrence Analysis Planning Support. Lessons learned may include identification of new or modified analytical approaches and tools, or improved processes for interacting with the intelligence community, outside experts, and other relevant agencies. Emphasis shall be placed on incorporating key lessons learned, on revising the criteria for deterrence analysis capability and performance, and on identifying types and levels of expertise required.
- Maintaining and updating the Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for Deterrence Analysis and Planning Support functions in support of joint force commanders, and draw on experience gained in other joint support efforts when appropriate
War Gaming and Experimentation Support: Provide USSTRATCOM with Deterrence Analysis Support for war gaming and experimentation as follows:
- Assist in war game development and execution to include scenario development, analysis support to war gaming, and identification/tracking of lessons learned in war gaming.
- Provide scenario-based Adversary Decision Calculus Planning Analyses and Deterrence Impact Analyses in support of war gaming to improve unity of effort between USSTRATCOM, its components, Geographic Combatant Commanders (GCCs), and other USG organizations deterrence activities.
Deterrence and Assurance Academic Alliance (DAAA) Support. Provide USSTRATCOM support to the Academic Alliance Program as follows:
- Accomplish periodic engagements with all current DAAA members to determine where and how more effective relationships with STRATCOM can be developed, to include monitoring, reviewing, and guiding literature being referred to and written by the DAAA; to develop opportunities for STRATCOM engagements both on-site at member institutions and at HQ STRATCOM; and to interact with “inactive” DAAA members to determine ways to reconnect with the member.
- Assist National Defense University (NDU) in coordination of the USSTRATCOM/NDU Scholars Program.
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- TS/SCI clearance required
- A minimum of 3 years of operational experience in, or a demonstrated working knowledge of, conducting Strategic Deterrence (SD) analyses.
- A minimum of 3 years of technical knowledge and operational experience in applying, or a demonstrated ability to apply, elements of SD analysis to global, regional and country-specific scenarios.
- A minimum of 3 years of operational experience in, or a demonstrated working knowledge of, constructing SD alternatives.
- A minimum of 3 years of technical knowledge associated with a broad array of SD analysis, or a demonstrated knowledge of details associated with a broad array of SD analysis.
- A minimum of 3 years of technical knowledge and operational experience in, or a demonstrated understanding of, the development and enhancement requirements and associated processes of deterrence analysis methodologies.
- A minimum of 3 years of operational experience in, or a demonstrated understanding of, the structure and operation of the U.S. national-level Intelligence Community.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.