SAIC is hiring a Systems Engineer at Vandenberg AFB. This role will provide integrated program assessments and recommendations for the tactical and strategic plans for the Critical Space Launch Support Systems. These systems encompass a wide variety of OSL capabilities, including payload processing facilities (both government and commercial); payload transportation systems, payload fueling systems, payload monitoring systems, O&M systems/processes (RCM, CM, CMMS, VFA), modeling and simulation tools (3DMSS, DES), and Enterprise tools (e.g., Archibus).
Technical engineering assessments and recommendations, to include:
- Update OSL infrastructure requirements in the format specified in the OSL Enterprise Management Framework.
- Support Systems Engineering Process Updates, providing coordination and documentation.
- Provide project management oversight for sustainment, new systems, construction, and infrastructure modification and/or upgrade projects.
- Prepare and update documentation, databases, briefings, and attend Infrastructure Meetings with MS&O to include Enterprise Facilities System Board (EFSB), Construction Review and Coordination (CRC), Consolidated Facility Project List (CFPL), Change Management Board (CMB), OSL PMR, and Quarterly Project Review (QPR).
- Support Mission Integration efforts that require engineering review, assessment, or verification of requirements. Provide professional engineering support and technical assessments, alternative solutions and recommendations to support anomaly resolutions that affect mission requirements on infrastructure and systems.
- Support OSL System Engineering Integration Forum and Systems Engineering tag-up with the O&M contractor. The contractor shall prepare and deliver draft performance specifications, project requirements documents and supporting documents bi-annually for projects approved at the OSL Infrastructure Review Board which are to be executed on the MS&O A&E Basic Ordering Agreement or other A&E / Construction contract vehicle.
- Through the AWG and FWG, facilitate and monitor project status, adjudicate action items, identify and communicate new systems requirements, de-conflict priorities and coordinate project execution timelines to support mission schedules.
- Collaborate with NRO Communications Directorate to facilitate communication and expedite project execution of OSL projects.
- B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- Space launch experience
- Demonstrated customer/client experience
- Must communicate effectively with senior management as well as staff at all levels - strong communication and coordination skills necessary
- Skill at facilitating objective review of issues and leading team through issue resolution process
- Demonstrate ability to formulate defensible recommendations for customer on complex programmatic issues in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Current TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.