Job ID: 215065
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Solutions Archt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Red Hat Linux (RHEL) Administrator to operate and maintain the Linux operating systems (RHEL 7 and 8) within a Platform Systems Services (PSS) hosting environment.
• Provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of production Linux Servers in a VMWare Virtualized Environment.
• Apply DISA STIG compliance controls to secure systems.
• Responsible for daily system monitoring, security, server health, resources and log management of all Linux systems.
• Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis. This includes troubleshooting any and all issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, and user access.
• Provide mentoring to other junior Linux administrators
• Work with App O&M Team to support RHEL platforms hosting applications and O&M systems
• Support RHEL platforms hosting ACAS and other security tools
Required Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 9 years of relevant experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum 3 years of hands on experience in Red Hat Linux Server Administration.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Red Hat Satellite to include systems provisioning, content view management, host group management, Discovery and Capsule management
• Solid knowledge of Linux Networking concepts
• Solid knowledge of VMWare/Virtualized Environment
• Hands on experience with Satellite 6 (packaging/patches)
• Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
Experience with applying patches and building custom kernels as required to implement functionality or address security concerns.
• This position requires an active DOD Top Secret clearance.
• Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP); IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH). Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
Desired Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• Experience with Oracle Red Hat (RHEL) supporting ODA, Exadata, or other Oracle appliances
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
• IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.