SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team in support of work taking place for the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
Note: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
The USACE RITS contract will provide modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the CONUS and OCONUS. Services will support the mission needs of USACE’s Headquarters (HQs) located in Washington, D.C., nine Divisions and 43 Districts, to include over 1,500 field and area project offices and two data centers that are currently located in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
- The technical writer writes, re-writes, and edits technical reports, papers, articles, and other technical materials, which involve the latest concepts, developments, and technological advances in Information Technology research.
- Reviews technical documents for organization, clarity, effective English, logical development, style, and consistency with organizational policy, and rewrites major portions of technical material to ensure that information is presented in a meaningful way.
- Works closely with subject-matter specialists to assist them in revising their work for publication. Resolves problems and negotiates differences arising in terms of technical content, final formatting, and data presentation.
- Understands abstract ideas and theoretical concepts in a variety of information technology subject matters.
- Develops and applies quality assurance criteria, procedures, and policies for technical documents and works collaboratively with coworkers and customers throughout this process.
- Coordinates with teammates, staff, and vendor experts to review submissions, validate processes, propose improvements, and ensure overall quality of published documentation.
- Coordinates review of draft and final written products with appropriate stakeholders.
- Assists the Document Manager to organize, categorize, and version-manage all documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience, Master’s degree and one (1) year of experience; High School or equivalent and seven (7) years of experience.
- 3+ years’ experience developing and editing technical documents
- Experience with version management in SharePoint (2016 and above).
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Adobe Acrobat
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Clearance Requirement: A Secret level DoD security clearance is required for this role, but an interim clearance will be acceptable to start. SAIC will assist with processing of the interim clearance, for an eligible candidate.
- Understanding of SharePoint content management and/or administration
- ITIL®4 certificate
- Familiarity with military and/or government environment and organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related discipline
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.