SAIC is seeking a Optical Engineer with experience in areas such as:
- Working knowledge of optical systems
- Optical downconverters
- Optical amplifiers
- Optical communications
- This position is located in Chantilly, VA and requires a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished at the request of the customer:
- Assist in requirement definition, analysis and engineering, systems architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, and system and operational performance analysis
- Plan and executes modeling and analysis for optical communications systems
- Identify technologies and future implementations that meet user needs
- Liaise with acquisition teams to ensure completeness across the acquisition
- Develop productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other payload and ground system subject matter experts
- Support the customer in the oversight of the development and documentation of the specifications associated with his or her assigned area
- Review complex technical design documentation and provide formal and informal feedback to the COTR, subject matter experts, and other customer personnel
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science, or equivalent
- Experience with modeling and analysis tools (MATLAB, other...)
- Available to travel domestically
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science, or equivalent
- Experience with DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes
- Experience with optical communications systems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.