SAIC is looking for a Configuration Management Analyst who will be responsible for assisting the government in establishing and maintaining documented baselines for the Sea Hawk ESM Emitter Library Development (SHEELD) Group located in Point Mugu, CA.
The CM Analyst will work across multiple business process areas and will gather, analyze, and verify data on existing enterprise platforms, locations, hardware, software and documentation for entry into the government configuration management system (CMPRO) to establish or update baselines in accordance with PMW 205 Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
Job responsibilities include:
- Support the government's CM program and use IPT approved policies and processes.
- Conduct CM Life Cycle Management along with planning, configuration identification, configuration control, status accounting, configuration verification and audits.
- Lead efforts product structure/configuration hierarchy definition and maintaining configuration baselines (Functional, Allocated, Product and As-Installed).
- Perform software CM functions including software merges, baseline updates, status accounting, ECP Support, CDRL tracking.
- Support milestone reviews and conduct audits to ensure that the software and documentation baselines are comprised of the specified software modules, libraries, requirements and support documentation.
- Evaluate and process submitted Change Requests (ECR/RFC) and coordinating efforts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in ISEA and Engineering Integrated Product Team meetings/discussions.
- Review, update and provide CM process training to contractor and government personnel as required.
- Establish complete baselines for hardware and software and displaying the information via the CM data repository.
- Provide weekly status updates and Monthly Activity Reports.
- Review all issued document change requests, document change notices and associated drawings for accuracy, completeness and proper signatures.
- Submit engineering changes to customers for review and approval; maintains records and submit reports regarding status.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in Military/Defense Configuration Management or Commercial Network Configuration Management experience are required; or a Masters and three (3) years of experience.
- Must have experience and background in Configuration Management relevant to configuration identification and change management, at a minimum, and be familiar with all five functions of Configuration Management as detailed in ANSI/EIA-649-B.
- Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Active DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance is required.
- Technical knowledge of baseline and change management processes. Knowledge of CMII, ITIL, MIL-HDBK-61A, EIA-649-B.
- Prior military background or experience.
- Related industry certifications, such as CMPIC or CMII.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.