SAIC is seeking a Training Manual management and development analyst. The successful candidate will work on site at the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) Detachment San Diego with N7 Training/PQS Development personnel, and report to SAIC PQS Development Group located in Virginia Beach Va. Some travel to Test Sites may be required.
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives.
- Assignments may include needs analysis, custom course development, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, and evaluation and learning assessments.
- Where instructing within a certified educational institution, responsible for determining the organization, communication and delivery of the course content and materials, and for developing learning activities and demonstrations.
- Collaborates with customer or internal functional organization to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content.
- May create course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- May develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives. Monitors and evaluates training programs, assesses results, and implements enhancements as needed.
- Trainers may also administer training programs to meet student needs, which may require post-training follow up to determine applicability of course material or training approaches.
- Specific duties include planning, research, data mining, analysis, designing and developing PQS and RTMs and attending workshops with SMEs to initially design new materials and to keep materials current.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and seven (7) years or more of related experience; Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret clearance prior to joining and obtain a Secret clearance once on board
- 6 years of U.S. Navy experience with recent operational experience in a Surface Combat Systems ratings (Fire Controlman, Fire Controlman AEGIS, Gunners Mate, Electronics Technician, Interior Communications, Operations Specialist, Sonar Technician, or Mineman) and recent operational experience onboard a U.S. Navy Surface Force ship class (DDG-51, DDG-1000, CG, CVN, LPD, LSD, LCS, LHD and MCM)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.