The ideal candidate shall conduct the following duties in relation to the BMC Support Position:
- Experience providing BMC support in a customer focused organization with proven ability to communicate effectively with both team members and customers.
- Experience across all phases of full development life cycle to include competencies/focus areas in:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting working sessions for requirements gathering
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical options and recommendations
- Proficient in the development and customization of workflow and processes
- Development and presentation of prototypes
- Documentation of technical designs and solutions
- Proficient with the promotion of code and functions across environments (development to production)
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Maintenance and problem resolution of call center software, email notification software, GUI interface software, and applicable webpage software.
- Provides system maintenance and resolves issues reported by helpdesk staff, managers, and clients.
- Coordinate with the end user for satisfaction on application requirements.
- Make recommendations for major application installations/upgrades.
- Corrects errors to maintain applications after implementation/upgrades.
- Reviews computer system/application capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system/application. If it is not possible, develops and implements feasible alternatives as required.
- Research’s, designs, develop, and/or modifies enterprise-wide Remedy systems in order to meet System Owner or Customer requirements.
- Plans for system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards for the entire Remedy System.
- Works on Tier II trouble ticket management for the Remedy System.
- Uses experience in ITIL processes to manage the interfaces into other management systems such as configuration, Change and Problem Management.
- Analyzes business or operating procedures to devise the most efficient method of accomplishing work.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in the use of BMC Remedy applications is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Performed at least 2 Remedy upgrade projects (7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 18.x, 20.x)
- The candidate shall have an in-depth knowledge, expertise and proven experience in assisting large, complex organizations in the adoption and transition to at least three of the following BMC products:
- BMC Remedy Incident (Required)
- BMC Service Request Management (Preferred)
- BMC Remedy Change
- BMC Remedy Problem
- BMC Atrium CMDB/Asset Management and/or ADDM Discovery
- Service Level Management
- Experience and a good working knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows is a plus
- Java and XML experience is a plus
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.