SAIC is currently seeking an experienced Windows Server Administrator responsible for Windows system administration, STIG remediation, enterprise security approaches, and special projects within a Platform Systems Services (PSS) hosting environment. This role also has responsibility for orchestrating enterprise solutions across 2012, 2016, and 2016 systems environments within for different hosted classification levels.
Job Duties Include:
- Perform complex system administration and security engineering efforts, such as CAC enablement, STIG remediation, advanced GPO implementation and implementing system upgrades.
- Provide advanced engineering support and implement STIG remediation and standardizations across an enterprise of tens of thousands of endpoint systems.
- Analyze and recommend automated solutions for implementing remediation efforts and enforcing remediation through policies, settings, and profiles
- Collaborate across technology areas to implement firewall rules, exceptions, and manage PPSM requests and efforts to fulfilment
- Support administration and engineering efforts across systems hosted on ESX VMware platforms
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change Requests and seeking approval
- Investigate and troubleshoot operational problems and challenges at the architect level in conjunction with security and other engineering personnel
- Proactively detect infrastructure and architectural issues and make recommendations to solve or address
- Collaborate with other teams, such as Apps O&M, Database, SCCM and Virtualization to provide technical solutions
- This position requires an active DOD Top Secret clearance.
- Active IAT Level 2 certification is required (Security + CE).
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Proficient understanding of technology areas such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, DFS and the ability to maintain other Windows core services.
- Experience within enterprise level DoD environment supporting Platform as a Service / hosting services platforms
- Fundamental understanding of authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos, LDAP and NTLM and use of necessary tools to troubleshoot them
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts and technologies
- Windows scripting, shell, or similar technology
- Strong clustering, scaling, backup engineering with Windows technologies and solutions
- Strong experience with Windows STIGs and remediation
- Knowledge of SCCM and SCOM systems
- Windows Certifications
- Scripting with Visio, HTML, .NET or CSS
- VMware systems and platforms
- Windows images and custom templates
- Experience supporting and administering SQL Server
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.