SAIC is seeking a Remote Mainframe Systems Administrator to join our team in support of work taking place for the Army Human Resources Command in Ft. Knox, KY, while working from home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain the following software environments: VTAM, APPN, SMPE/E, TPX, FTP SNMP, SMTP, TCPIP and MVS. Install, configure, and maintain the z/OS operating system and all related components. Manage hardware partitioning through the use of the z Series Hardware Management Console.
- Install, configure, and maintain the z/OS operating system and all related components. Manage hardware partitioning through the use of the z Series Hardware Management Console.
- Configure Z series Open Systems Adapters for IP connectivity.
- Recommend and configure all hardware connectivity to the Z series mainframe.
- Install and configure a very large library of supporting software that is used to support production processing, program development and testing, ad-hoc query function, and systems management.
- Provide security setup and controls on the Z series mainframe using CA-ACF2.
- Install all software via IBM SMP/e (System Maintenance Program/extended) and or CA-MSM (Mainframe Software Manager).
- Additional experience in the following areas is needed: Assembler language programming, CICS, MQ, CA-1, CA- ACF2, CA-Roscoe, CA-OPS/MVS, CA-Sysview, CA-7, CA- 11, CA-Dispatch, CA-Datacom/DB, CA-TPX, CLIST and REXX programming experience, Disaster Recovery experience, knowledge of computer room operations, Hardware installation support and some understanding of IP communications.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related fields and 5 years’ experience, or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and 3 years’ experience. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Five years of technical experience in IT or application software development projects.
- Two years of experience in maintaining MVS Environments.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a Security+ Certification and be enrolled in the Comptia Continuing Education program before start date.
- Clearance Requirement: Must possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim clearance for the qualified individual.
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.