SAIC is currently seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator in support of 24/7/365 operations for the DISA-JSP customer.
Job Duties include:
- Perform Oracle database performance analysis and optimization, define bottlenecks and manage testing and production.
- Create, read and execute advanced and complex scripts.
- Perform Root Cause analysis.
- Perform deep impact analysis of problems, projects or technical solutions.
- Closely cooperate with vendors and external service providers.
- Develop and implement processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 9 years of relevant IT work experience. Additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of Degree.
- This position requires an active DOD Secret clearance.
- IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Hands-on working experience with Oracle performance tuning, optimization, installation and maintenance.
- Hands-on working experience with database structures, backup/restore, permissions, debugging and security protocols.
- Hands-on working experience with query languages, scripting and data files.
- Familiarity with database design and documentation.
- Hands-on working experience with DoD STIGS, remediation, and documentation of findings
- Hands-on working experience managing and maintaining a large Oracle Server (Linux 7 and Windows 2016+) & Oracle (11g+ Environment; Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC); and Oracle DataGuard
- Hands-on working experience migrating legacy database versions (2008R2+, 11g+) to newer versions (2016+,12cR2+)
- Hands-on working experience with monitoring tools such as SCOM (System Center Operations Manager), Splunk, Tanium, SCCM and built-in ORACLE & Oracle alerts
- Hands-on working experience with Microsoft Server OS, Unix and troubleshooting OS, IIS, Network, DBs, etc.
- Prior DoD or IC work experience within the past 5 years
- Oracle Database Certified Associate
- DoD 8140 Cyber certification at IAT Level III (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.