Job ID: 214689
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Subcategory: Administrative Assistant
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide executive level management and administrative support to our Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Growth officer.
The Executive Assistant often works independently with little or no supervision and interacts with Executive Leadership and SAIC staff at all levels in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Absolute confidentiality, attention to detail and a high degree of professionalism are critical to this position.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
· Manage the EVP, Chief Strategic Growth officer (CSGO) calendar, email, internal and external commitments, and meetings and special events, to ensure that efficiency, due dates are met, and schedules optimized.
· Ensure CSGO is prepared for meetings with logistics, pre-reads, pre-meetings, etc. scheduled as needed.
· Proactively take charge of situations and understand the importance and urgency of issues while maintaining a calm and organized environment. Use independent judgment, initiative and tact to make administrative decisions, resolve issues and escalate to the appropriate areas in a timely manner with careful regard for confidentiality and in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Constantly look for ways to increase organization, improve efficiency, and solve problems while meeting deadlines.
· Review and manage CSGO email inbox to identify urgent issues, task items to be completed, manage due dates, etc.
· Communicate directly, and on behalf of CSGO, with internal and external stakeholders. Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns and determine appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
· Partner with key administrative staff across the enterprise and provide a bridge for smooth communication. Demonstrate leadership and professional maturity to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization. Engender credibility and trust with all levels of staff and executive leadership.
· Plan networking/teambuilding and special events for staff and external audiences as needed.
· Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas. Timely create and track expense reports.
· Prepare confidential documents, agendas, and presentations to be presented by the Executives both internally and externally.
· Maintain files; make copies and other administrative duties as assigned.
· Manage all aspects of office administration using independent thinking and judgment with sole discretion for office procedures
· Makes discriminating decisions regarding the distribution/flow of information and work
· Manage organizational chart
Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related work experience supporting a senior executive, preferably within a large organization. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree. Corporate C-suite experience preferred.
· Advanced level of skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive-level meetings, and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
· Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently. Sound judgment and ability to manage through disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and use of common sense to anticipate and resolve challenges or obstacles resourcefully with diplomacy, efficiency and timeliness.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders with professional maturity, confidentiality and discretion. Enthusiastic, positive, and personable working style with ability to relate well to others and to be a productive and positive member of the team.
· Flexible outlook and attitude and willingness to accept additional assignments and work outside of core hours if needed. Ability to remain calm under pressure, effectively manage new/shifting responsibilities priorities, and handle multiple, complex tasks at any given time.
· Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
· Experience dealing with Senior Management or Executives in an administrative capacity
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.