SAIC is seeking a Program Security Officer with physical security background/experience to provide Launch Security Operations Support (LSOS) for multiple programs/customers within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), Office of Space Launce (OSL) directorate located at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), CA.
This position will serve as the primary day-to-day program/physical security support to the VAFB customers under the Consolidated Launch SETA Integration Contract (CLSIC), for all matters of physical/program security, classification guidance, program integration, and other duties as assigned/needed including, assisting with preparation of security plans, reviewing applicable guidelines, and established procedures for all areas of security to include Personnel Security, Information Security, Physical/Technical Security, Classification Management, and Program Security.
Key duties and/or responsibilities:
- Develop, submit, track, and update all physical security documentation for accreditation packages
- Keep customer PSO updated on all matters regarding program/physical security specific to VAFB customers
- Draft / Coordinate / Review Temporary Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (TSCIF) accreditation packages
- Present Security Awareness Training and Education (SATE) briefings as needed
- Work directly with Space Vehicle (SV) Security Program Office’s (SPOs) on relevant integration/launch related activities, policy development/changes, and associated physical security integration matters
- Investigate security incidents and violations; prepare reports of investigations for the corporation and customers, making specific recommendations for corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare Security Operating Procedures (SOPs) outlining customer guidelines and establishing procedures for the handling, storing, and transportation of program assets
- Assist with document control and program asset management and accountability
- Perform administrative and general office duties as needed, action tracker, clearances, badging, visit certs
- Experience with and understanding of NRO Launch Operations program requirements
- Must have working knowledge experience of ICD 705 requirements/processes
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) / Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)/Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), Executive Orders, Acquisition Security, Classification Management, Program Protection Planning, Risk Management, Contract Security/DD 254, Transportation and Operations Security, etc.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills/briefing skills; communicate with senior level leaders, internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations and independent decision making with minimal direct supervision while representing the security organization
- Candidate must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive and risk-managed security recommendations and decisions on a daily basis
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (MSWord, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience utilizing customer databases such as, Scattered Castles and TALON, FAM
- Ability to travel to support other locations
- Must have current TS//SCI clearance with polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.