SAIC has an immediate need for a Principal Network Architect to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. This role includes design, engineering, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation of center network architectures in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment.
- Engineer projects and identify new solutions for network architecture within the LAN service line
- Act as lead engineer for ground-up design and deployment of new services based on internal and external requirements
- Design plans as well as lead initiatives for the optimization and restructuring of network architecture
- Support Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) rollout on Nexus platforms as part of Software Defined Network (SDN) migration that includes a Software Defined Access (SDA) initiative.
- Provide solutions to complex problems
- Troubleshoot network systems to identify and resolve performance issues
- Document root causes and resolutions for incidents
- Communicate with customers and management on designs as well as incident response
- Perform packet capture and analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in related field with 10 years of related experience or High School Diploma and 12 years of related experience
- Knowledge of and experience using Cisco Nexus switches (2K/5K/7K/9K) in NXOS and Cisco Catalyst switches including the 3K, 6K, and 9K series
- Knowledge of and experience using Cisco wireless technologies
- Candidate must have extensive experience with Cisco campus networks
- Candidate must have ACI design and deployment experience OR other Software Defined Networking experience such as Nexus.
- The Principal Network Architect must have a wide range of understanding of Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, OSPF, Cisco VSS, Stackwise Virtual, Wireless LANs, VPN, VLANS, SNMP, VRFs
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of network infrastructure design, routed data protocols, switches data and hardware platforms
- Excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers
- Able to adhere to NIST standards
- Knowledge of data center and network closet environments including physical structure that houses network equipment, equipment grounding, electrical power for network equipment
- Knowledge of Operating Systems such as Windows and Cisco Systems
- Understanding of fiber and copper cable plant
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
Certifications / Training:
- Certification requirement: CCNA
- Certification desired: CCNP or CCIE
Travel (if any):
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.