SAIC is seeking a Mid-Level SharePoint Developer who has superior analytic, research, and technical skills and who is poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials, to provide:
- Support designing and implementing technologies to promote knowledge management and collaboration.
- Support in developing storage platforms, indexing strategies and user interfaces for knowledge assets as needed.
- Support in drawing out, capturing and categorizing business information by communications with stakeholders, and implementing workflows and processes to manage information using knowledge management platforms.
The Analyst will:
- Assist office business operations to enhance overall office productivity and decision support.
- Track, integrate and report on strategic documents, initiatives, and activities with knowledge management tools and processes.
- Incorporate KM practices into sustained organizational planning, decision support and operations within office lines of effort
- Establish and review current “as is” organizational operations/transactional processes and identify areas that need refinement.
- Develop alternatives to improve effectiveness and promote efficiencies.
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to promote process discipline with KM efforts.
- Use in-depth understanding of SharePoint, including Windows Workflow Foundation, InfoPath, and Form services to solve technical and business problems.
- Maintain and operate KM sites and applications in coordination with senior leadership and with the host of each site.
- Develop and maintain the office’s SharePoint site collection on both unclassified and classified networks in coordination with site host.
- Solicit input from users for upgrades and additional functionality of the tools offered and research the availability of new tools to assist in better meeting user needs.
- Confer with stakeholders to capture requirements and analyze data needs necessary to implement workflows and business intelligence solutions (e.g., dashboards).
This role is temporarily remote/work from home/virtual due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back to 100% onsite in Arlington, VA once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of experience; Masters Degree and three (3) years of expereience in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Five or more years of relevant experience including 3 or more years experience with SharePoint development, preferably with the Department of Defense.
- Extensive background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including MS SharePoint and SharePoint Designer.
- Experience with SharePoint 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- 1-3 years of experience with Java and HTML.
- Demonstrated experience in SharePoint Designer with responsibility for evaluating, designing, and developing application software.
- In-depth understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing workflows and processes to manage information using collaboration and knowledge management platforms.
- Experience in MS Office applications and online research tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Experience directly engaging with users of knowledge management tools to solicit input and troubleshoot issues.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Interim DoD Secret clearance
- Experience creating and managing Web Applications, creating and migrating Site Collections, Managed Metadata, Site Columns, Content Types, custom Security driven lists/libraries.
- SharePoint certification(s)
- Experience with MS Rights Management.
- Ability to arrange photos with Photoshop or similar tools
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.