Job ID: 214567
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
Works with limited oversight and assists in assessing complex problems and investigates, develops, appraises, selects, and presents solutions.
· Duties include an interdisciplinary approach using engineering principles.
· Assists in specifications development, implementation, testing and documenting engineering systems and equipment.
· Initiates concept development and trade-off studies.
· Consults extensively with customer representatives and employees.
· Directs the design of electronic or mechanical devices down to the subsystem level.
· Devises appropriate tests to use in evaluating, debugging, and checking of equipment and systems for accurate and dependable conformance to specifications.
· OR Provides a full range of network systems engineering support services, including but not limited to, analyzing and optimizing network architecture and performance, installing and configuring bridges, routers, hubs, switches, gateways and other network devices for optimal performance and supporting connectivity to other networks and facilities.
· OR Provides expert knowledge in the development and implementation of software intensive computer systems, with expertise in all phases of the software development process, including requirements analysis, conceptual design, system design review, critical design review, installation, integration, testing, and maintenance. Experienced in performing requirements analysis for a wide range of users. Provides expertise in the development and improvement of software development processes, and the development, calibration, and utilization of software cost models.
· OR Provides expert knowledge in enterprise data and information management. Experienced in information and data architectures, information and data management, program and organizational development, metadata management, data standardization, data representation, national and international information management related standards, metadata repository and data registry standards, and data management maturity evaluations.
· OR Interprets and analyzes complex information systems data to develop security related technical documentation, system diagrams, and presentation materials. Coordinates and performs information systems security hardware and software testing efforts, produces test and remediation plans and reports, and handles implementation of computer hardware and software for operational systems. Alternatively, applies analytical techniques in gathering data to solve complex technical problems (e.g., requirements definition, operations research, modeling), and exercises team leader responsibilities, in conjunction with the provision of professional information technology services, duties may include analysis of complex problems, definition of functional requirements, operations research, modeling, process analysis and design, developing and providing training materials, and providing daily supervision.
· OR Provides expertise in a specific technical area defined by the government that is not readily available in the other defined categories and is pertinent to the Technical Operations maintenance of the NAS.
Supports various FAA programs to include: Surveillance and Broadcast Services (SBS), Configuration, Logistics and Maintenance Resource Solutions (CLMRS), Non-Cooperative Radar Systems, Terminal Automation Modernization Replacement (TAMR), Spectrum Efficient National Surveillance Radar (SENSR), Space Integration (SI), ATO Operational Readiness (AJR-X), Offshore Automation, Cooperative Radar Systems, Agency Support Programs (AJM-234), Advanced Technologies and Oceanic Procedures (ATOP) and Decision Support Systems (DSS).
10 + years of related experience in engineering, both working individually and on a team
· A BA/BS in an engineering discipline, to include but not limited to: systems, aviation, aeronautical, aerospace, electrical, mechanical, environmental, computer (to include computer science), human factors, industrial, operations research, physics, etc. A Masters' degree in any field (e.g MS, MA, MBA) counts for three years additional experience, and a PhD counts for three years additional experience
· Strong engineering and management skills with a proven track record in ATC automation systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
· Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
· Skilled at prioritization, multi-tasking, and problem solving
Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite -PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Excel
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.