SAIC has a career opening for an Intermediate BMC Remedy / Kinetic Administrator in Cary, North Carolina.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC around July 1st, 2021.
This role will be responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining (IOM) the physical & virtual Microsoft based servers in support of the Army National Guard ITSM solution. The ARNG interest is in moving to a Cloud based BMC Remedy Helix platform.
- Design, Installation, upgrade, and patch operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures to minimize user disruption.
- Conduct routine software audits of Microsoft based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines (DISA STIGs).
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in a team environment.
ITSM Software Support: SAIC will provide end-to-end support for the Remedy ITSM software used by the ARNG. Support includes but is not limited to three distinct areas:
- On-going maintenance and support of software application, to include supporting standard capabilities and outcomes provided by the software (e.g., reporting).
- For States and Territories that elect to use ITSM in a Software-as-a-Service model, full planning, design, configuration, training, and implementation is supported using a robust set of documentation available from ARNG G-6.
- Provide Tier 2/3 support for incidents and requests related to this software.
- Customizing out-of-box application to meet ARNG specific needs.
- The Intermediate BMC Remedy / Kinetic ITSM Administrator is responsible for the implementation and sustained support of the IT Service Management system.
- They will provide creative solutions to resolve business problems via customer requirements based on system capability and process gaps (ITSM/ITIL).
- The Administrator will provide on-going technical assistance, handling incident tickets on a priority basis, software configuration / customization assistance including, but not limited to screen tailoring, workflow administration, report creation, data imports, LDAP integration, custom scripting and third party software integrations.
- Work with process owners to develop and implement the workflows. The preferred ITSM platform is Remedy and potentially moving to BMC Helix in a Cloud environment.
Administer all technical aspects of solution delivery including:
- Application UI Configuration, Workflow Configuration.
- Development of required specific reporting.
- Development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc).
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences.
- Driving process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with key sponsors and stakeholders.
- Identifying areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks.
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities.
- Providing training and mentoring to on the system usage to users.
- Routine system administration including: manage user accounts, manage support group changes (additions, changes, adding/removing members), and provide users with access/roles within the system.
- Add new, improve overall navigation of system that launch reports, lists of data, or dashboards.
- Fix defects when they arise.
- Monitor overall system performance using system performance and diagnostic tools and dashboards.
- Integrate IT Service Management System with other systems (for the potential discovery of assets, user access via LDAP, auto-creation of Incidents via Event Management Systems, etc.).
- Monitor and maintain integrations after implementation.
- Open Incident and Change Requests (e.g. submit bug/fix Incidents; submit instance clone/upgrade requests).
- Answer "how to" technical and application configuration questions of other members of the technical team and process owners.
- Facilitate roll out of new applications and modules.
- Assist in troubleshooting patch / release management issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and 9+ years of related experience; OR Associates degree and 7+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience; OR Masters and 3+ years of related experience
- Experience administering BMC Remedy.
- Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE (required prior to start date).
- ITIL Foundation Certification (required within 60 days of hire).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an active SECRET security clearance.
- Experience implementing and developing workflows in Kinetic Desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.