SAIC has a need for a Sr. Avionics Systems Engineer to provide engineering support at Systems Simulation Software and Integration (S3I) to implement a reconfigurable Avionics System Integration Laboratory (ASIL) in Huntsville, AL.
- Candidate will assist in the integration, and testing of hardware and software for evaluation and certification of modifications to commercial and military tactical avionics for Special Electronic Mission Aircraft (SEMA).
- In a team environment, the candidate will support the integration of commercial and military avionics hardware, test equipment, and software mission equipment components into existing aircraft configurations and future development.
- Direct experience with aviation and/or weapons hardware considered a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS in a technical field (preferably in Electrical Engineering or related field) and 14+ years of experience; four (4) years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
MUST have an Interim Secret to start & able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- 14+ years system engineering experience in laboratory test/development environment
- Experience integrating COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) equipment with hardware
- Develop technical package (Schematics, drawings, bill of materials, etc.)
- Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures
- Experience developing automated test scripts and LabVIEW
- Experience creating software and hardware requirements, design, interface and test documentation and analysis of test results
- Experience producing Test Reports.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Estimated Travel: <10%
- Clearance: Secret clearance is required to perform this work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Working knowledge/Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with ARINC 429
- Experience working with 1553
- Experience working with Flight Management Systems, EGIs, ARC RTs, and IFF transponders
- Commercial Test Experience
- Experience working with Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) test environments
- Experience with using Jira and Confluence
- Experience with test & integration of avionics
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.