SAIC is seeking a Service Desk Manager to support a Federal Government client.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home due to COVID-19. Eventually the work may go back on site in the Salt Lake City, UT area.
- Direct supervision of Service Desk staff.
- Perform full range of managerial duties for employees supervised, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling and employee development.
- Ensure that Analysts are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills to handle customers’ IT related problems or issues.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined objectives and policies.
- Communicate with other departments, senior management, functional peer groups, technical staff and customers to ensure satisfactory customer support and gain cooperation.
- Responsible for maintaining and following detailed operational procedures ensuring contract terms are met, and will continuously improve quality of service delivery and provide value added customer service.
- Provide focus to staff by established policies and procedures and implements and administers policies that affect employees.
- Maintain staffing and skill levels throughout operational hours by managing shift staffing, holidays, time-off, shift turnover, and call surge activities.
- Act as an escalation point for customers and program management.
- Produce/maintain or delegate the tasks of creating statistics and management reports.
- Oversee the appropriate development and retention of documentation and records.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and nine (9) years of experience OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- Must be able to obtain an ITIL Foundation V4 certification after hire date.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance.
- 3+ years of managing/supervising service desk staff
- Recent management or supervisory experience within the previous 12 months is required.
- Must have the ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports. Interact daily with staff and/or functional peer groups and customers.
- Previous experience with a variety of domain/email account administration tools and familiar with standard corporate security policies.
- Must have strong leadership, analytical, and reasoning skills as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas and provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills and be well versed in the Service Desk environment.
- Strong understanding of call metrics and the ability to motivate and lead a team that can meet set goals and objectives is a must.
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as knowledge in standard service desk practices, ITIL, and ISO 9000.
- Must possess the ability to gather, interpret and present operational metrics to determine trends affecting performance goals.
- Familiar with standard report and supervisory software such as ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Google Docs, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge management software, and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) systems.
- Experience in desktop and networking support, IT concepts and service desk software, Active Directory, Anti-virus, VPN, financial management, quality assurance support and basic technical writing skills.
- Current DOD Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.