The Health & Fitness Specialist (Advanced Level) provides oversight to NRO enterprise fitness program with guidance from Chief, NRO Fitness. The Health & Fitness Specialist works with the NRO wellness team to create, plan and execute a comprehensive wellness program and provide fitness services to the site population. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start and is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Lead or assist in teaching fitness workshops or seminars as needed
- Enhance knowledge of exercise, body alignment and exercise safety to all gym users and class participants
- Maintain gym area daily and ensure equipment is in safe, working condition.
- Oversee equipment maintenance contractor and schedule monthly service and repairs as necessary.
- Contribute ideas and/or develop new fitness/wellness programs and events for the workforce
- Develop and lead a robust personal training program and work with the military to maintain physical fitness standards
- Provide support to the planning, management, and continual evaluation of NRO Fitness programs and equipment
- Provide general nutritional guidance as necessary
- Provide fitness testing, evaluation, and individual fitness program development
- Contribute health and fitness articles to the Wellness Newsletter and other fitness-related reports/correspondence
- Perform administrative work to include familiarization tours of NRO fitness facilities, provide facility oversight and attend meetings
- Provide written, monthly activity reports to site GPOC for possible referral to corporate Headquarters
- Develop and maintain service/demand and performance metrics in coordination with site GPOC and corporate Headquarters
- Assist government fitness staff with 5-year equipment recap plan and records maintenance for NRO enterprise Fitness program
- Foreign and domestic travel in support of NRO enterprise Fitness program
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERTISE, YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or equivalent and 5 years of relevant experience
- Active personal training certification from American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (e.g., National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA))
- Active Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certifications
- TS/SCI clearance and Poly required (or be able to obtain)
DESIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERTISE, YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Sharp attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong leader with the ability to problem solve, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work collaboratively with various enterprise customers, stakeholders, and corporate headquarters managers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Ability to instruct a safe, effective and multi-level class for various group exercise programs and activities if called upon to substitute for a primary instructor
- Knowledge of principles of exercise physiology
- Thorough knowledge of functionality of relevant fitness equipment
- Thorough knowledge of current industry trends and standards in exercise protocols, fitness programming, equipment standards
- Ability to analyze customer needs and deliver appropriate assistance
- Experience to work with customers at all fitness skill levels
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.