SAIC is looking to bring on a Business Development Director. This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development in the Army Business Unit. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Army Team to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities within the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Program Executive Office Missiles and Space, and Army Futures Command associated CFT at Redstone. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage a book of business, including business development, pipeline development, client management, and proposal development responsibilities. This position will be remote but preferred to be located in the vicinity of Huntsville, AL and will require business travel as needed.
- The successful candidate understands the missions of the respective Agencies and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs, future requirements and their challenges.
- This role effectively encompasses two primary areas of responsibility, Business Development and capture management support.
- The candidate is responsible for leading target Agency strategic planning and positioning with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes, capture management, proposal development and management, subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities.
- Assess opportunities to eliminate or move forward through SAIC’s Pre-Award process so an opportunity is included in SAIC’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity.
- The Business Development responsibilities include opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining pursue-no pursue decisions.
- The Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead throughout the qualification process and stay deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy.
- This position is a senior level business development and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity.
- The Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC’s Market Segments to our client base.
- The SAIC Market Segments include Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions, Information Technology and Solutions, and Platform Integration, Logistics, Readiness & Sustainment.
- Also include Software Integration, Managed IT services; Hardware Integration &Logistics/Supply Chain management; Mission Engineering and Program Support; Training Services; Cyber, Cloud & Data Sciences; Intelligence Systems Engineering and Policy.
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Market analysis, strategic business planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete capture that will lead to the award of major programs.
- This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC.
- This position requires the candidate to engage with existing programs to understand current execution and identify improvement opportunities.
- Must have 8+ years of prior Business Development Government contracting experience
- Recent Army experience in Aviation and Missile Command, US Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Program Executive Office Missiles and Space
- The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment
- They must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers to include semior military officials
- The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.)
- Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, times& material, and performance based contracting are required.
- Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry- out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $100M (or multiple $50M single contract awards) that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is strongly desired
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.