SAIC has a need for a Multi-Core Processor (MCP) Software (SW) Test Engineer for the Improved Data Modem 401 Multi-Core Processor (IDM 401 MCP) Testing project located in Huntsville, AL.
This candidate will be instrumental in design, configuration and operation of a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) and the SAIC System Integration Lab to test new Multi-Core Processor (MCP) architectures for a next generation Army computing environment. The testing environment will be utilized as an integral process of achieving necessary software Airworthiness certification artifacts and other certifications for Army and NATO Army Avionics air MCP platforms
- Developing, writing and testing software test scripts based on proposed performance tests developed,
- Performing and automating data acquisition, developing appropriate test configurations, and reducing test data with MATLAB.
- Utilizing the Rapita Verification Suite (RVS) to support the testing of Worst Case Execution Time (WCET).
- Configuration and maintenance of user test accounts and tools implementation and automation of Test Procedures used to test hosted software applications.
- Capturing of formal Test Artifacts required for System and Software Airworthiness software certifications.
- Development of Software Test Plans (STPs), Software Test Processes, Software Test Verification Procedures (STVPs) and Software Test Reports (STRs).
- Adhere to scheduled deliveries and function within a formal Agile Development Environment.
- Create and maintain Software Defect Reports (DRs) in line with formal Software Testing activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3+ years’ related and relevant experience
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance; US citizenship is required.
- Work within a test group to design, develop and document the software test processes for Multi-core processors including test methods, recording of test results, test data analysis and providing test artifacts for supporting organizations as required.
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing, writing and testing software test scripts and data reduction and analysis scripts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write and execute Software Test Plans (STPs), Software test procedures, Software Test Verification Procedures (STVPs) and Software Test Reports (STRs).
- Defining and recommending equipment and operation procedures for required Multicore test bed suites.
- Definition and capturing of formal Test Artifacts required for System and Software certifications.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction working as an individual contributor as well as a team member.
- Must have good attendance during work weeks. Work hours expectation is 8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday – Friday
- Experience working with Multi-Core Processor systems and Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and a fundamental understanding of real time programming constraints of data persistence, preemption, scheduling mechanisms, and shared memory constructs, cache memory, and interrupt processing is highly desired.
- Experience with MATLAB or other script and interpretive languages typically used to automate test execution and archive results.
- Experience with real time data interface processing.
- Previous experience assessing the performance characteristics of applications in terms of memory usage and bandwidth, memory management units, DDR memory, memory controllers, input/output memory management and interference channel testing.
- Experience with RS422, RS232, TCP/IP, UDP, 1553 and test tools utilized to simulate data input or capture data from those interfaces
- Experience with the Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Experience with Raptia Verification Suite (RVS) a benefit
Travel is estimated to be less than 5%.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.