SAIC is looking for a Field Service Representative to support 2nd and 3rd echelon maintenance and Operational Training on the USMC Medium and Light Tactical Vehicle Platforms in support of NSWC Crane tasking portfolio. This position is located in Okinawa, Japan. Select candidate must be willing to travel and deploy OCONUS as needed, up to 50%.
- FSR may be required to assist Master Operational Instructors for training instruction and will be required to evaluate operators and equipment.
- FSR will identify and replace components and conduct functional tests to return articles to service.
- Document maintenance and inspection actions.
- Review technical documentation to identify planned maintenance action requirements.
- Review and implement service advisory/service bulletins.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for changes and improvements to equipment installation, operation, modification, and maintenance for equipment.
- Maintainers will be required to support all vehicle systems to include; communication, engine repair, automatic transmission, manual transmission, suspensions, brakes, electronic systems, heating and air, and ancillary system and subsystems.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Associate Degree and a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience, or a High School Diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in integration, installation, repair, and preventative maintenance efforts for Military wheeled vehicles.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance. Interim Secret required to start. SAIC will sponsor qualified candidates with the clearance process.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- U.S. Passport with 6 months validity
- Available for a flexible work schedule, including extended or weekend hours, sometimes on short notice, to include holidays as needed.
- Valid driver's license.
- Relevant experience to show the ability to provide classroom and physical practical exercise instruction for Operator New Equipment Training (NET) for LTV platforms.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DD OF346 (U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator's Identification Card)
- Knowledge of military wheeled vehicle maintenance processes, licensing, policies, culture, operation, and training
- Ability to meet all OCONUS location-specific requirements as outlined by DOD 4500.54-G, Foreign Clearance Guide.
- Available for up to 6-month deployment supporting Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU).
- Ability to perform all duties while scrupulously adhering to all prescribed safety protocols.
- Knowledge of parts, materials, and processes related to electrical and mechanical components.
- Ability to use various hand, power-driven, and specialty tools.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, handbooks, sketches, block diagrams, schematics, and blueprint drawings.
- Ability to install mounts, brackets, cables, connectors, electronic equipment, and labels.
- Ability to annotate and modify documentation into databases.
- Ability to perform quality repairs in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain serialized parts inventory. This will include warranty tracking to ensure retention for potential return.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Candidate must be able to complete the physical demands of the job, including but not limited to lifting, pulling, pushing and/or carrying up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on a regular basis; climbing into confined spaces within tactical vehicles; manipulating and handling objects needed for installation: reaching, grasping, twisting, turning and manipulating equipment and tools within confined spaces, as well as walking, bending, stooping, sitting, standing or squatting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to pass DOT Medical Exam.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.