SAIC is currently looking to hire a Project Engineer to our team in San Diego, CA.
Candidate will provide engineering and documentation support for an Engineering Team at a customer location. Efforts will be focused towards integration of Commercial Off-the Shelf (COTS) electronics for military C41 systems.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Leading multi-disciplinary technical teams of 1-5 people including mechanical, electrical, systems, and network engineers and drafters.
- Coordinate between multiple technical and programmatic stakeholders to drive technical deliveries within scope and schedule for designs, technical data packages (TDP's), and engineering development models (EDM's).
- Identifying, documenting, and verifying system requirements with attention to shipboard, submarine, shore, and aircraft platform requirements.
- Guiding development, reviewing, and approving of designs and documentation for electronic equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
- Reviewing and approving detailed drawings and designs including detailed parts for manufacturing and integration.
- Reviewing and approving detailed cable fabrication drawings, interconnect diagrams, and assembly work instructions.
- Overseeing fit-check and quality assurance (QA) on prototype metal assemblies and supporting first article integration activities.
- Enforcing configuration management (CM) of engineering drawings and TDP elements including validation, review, approval, and incorporation of engineering change notices (ECN's).
This role is temporarily remote/work from home/virtual due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back to joining our team in San Diego once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems, Mechanical, hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 5 years of experience OR Masters Degree in Systems, Mechanical, Hardware Engineering or similar STEM field and 3 years or more experience.
- Must have a minimum of an DoD Interim Secret Clearance. Secret clearance preferred.
- Working knowledge of ASME Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM) including ASME Y14.5, MIL-STD-31000, or other industry documentation standards.
- Candidate must be able to understand scope of work and lead technical teams to completion within established schedules.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment to provide technical guidance and team leadership.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Candidate must be able to accept directions and constructive criticism and also be able to professionally deliver direction and critiques.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment.
- Experience in the development of systems hosted within EIA/ECA-310 racks desired.
- Familiarity with military environment test standards including Navy shipboard shock, vibration, electromagnetic compatibility, power utilization, and COTS hardening desired.
- Experience with Solidworks software for review of 3D models and associated drawings.
- Experience with AutoCAD software for review of 2D models and associated drawings.
- Active Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.