Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
The Senior Documentation Specialist will support the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Operations and Requirements Analysis (ORA) Division. ORA has a high volume of taskings, data calls, FOIA requests, Congressional Inquiries, Request for Information, Queries for the Record, and other communication streams for regular and ad hoc reporting throughout S&T, the Department, and the larger governmental apparatus. This contractor will maintain coordination of those information flows and will maintain ORA FO records, and a contractor under this task will serve as the ORA POC to attend Records Management (RM) meetings and coordination of RM requirements and information to ORA personnel and other pillars within S&T. The Senior Documentation Specialist will perform the following tasks.
- Support the review and clearance of internal and external S&T ORA communications including: briefs, meeting agendas and read-ahead’s, white papers, program fact sheets and quad charts, senior leadership correspondence, year in review, and other artifacts.
- Assist in the review/clearance of inbound and outbound inquires, requests, and documents from the Office Executive Secretary /or S&T Front Office that have ORA equities; responses to congressional questions for the record that convey the current status of projects within S&T to congress and other government representatives; review signed letters, memos, and plans from component heads or other agencies; taskers that commit the directorate to actions or dedicate resources; read-ahead items that will be used by DHS leadership (i.e., DHS Secretary, S&T USST) for upcoming meetings or briefings with key stakeholders/or customers.
- Review ORA subject matter expert (SME) input for taskers; offer a concurrence or request that the SMEs expand on the subject or answer questions from leadership.
- Review between 10-20 daily action items with varying due dates and necessary approvals each week.
- Coordinate ORA RM requirements in support of the ORA Federal Records Management POC in accordance with Applicable DHS Management Directives.
- Communicate Records Management Policy and provide records management guidance to ORA personnel in coordination with the DHS S&T Records Management Officer.
- Host one-on-one and small-group training sessions, in-person or via electronic medium (webinar, Lync messenger, etc.) for ORA personnel regarding S&T Records Management processes and requirements.
- Attend the regularly-scheduled S&T Records Management (RM) meetings to remain current on RM policy, and report new policy information to the ORA Front Office and ORA Staff as it is published.
- Maintain DHS records (electronic) in accordance with applicable DHS Management Directives and S&T Standard Operating Procedure System (SP2s)
- Coordinate ORA Property Management requirements in support of the ORA Federal Property Management POC in accordance with Applicable DHS Property Directives.
- BA/BS +10 years of relevant experience or Master’s +5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have at minimum, an active Secret clearance.
- Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
- Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
- Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
- Detailed knowledge of and recent demonstrated experience working with appropriate offices and staff within the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE), DHS, DOD, other federal agencies especially in Research and Development, Congress, foreign partners, industry groups, and private sector stakeholder entities on issues relating to the DHS mission space.
- Travel may be required.
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.