Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
The SETA III Project Analyst will provide SETA support to the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Operations and Requirements Analysis (ORA) Division. Support includes strategic development, DHS Customer Portfolio management and oversight, stakeholder engagement and communications, reporting and data call management, property and records management support, and business operations and financial management support. These support functions include portfolio management tracking, and reporting; gap and requirements analysis; program and communication coordination; high-level technology research and technical feasibility assessments; program budget assessment; and scoping and monitoring of studies related to portfolio management, engineering, and technical services for current and proposed S&T programs. Assist with defining requirements; provide input to project scope, schedule and budget based on an understanding of the program lifecycle. Assist in maintaining changes to project baselines; monitor deliverables; assess documents, plans and applications; conduct quality reviews of projects and tasks. Prepare presentations and other materials to support project functions. Lead activities to identify project risks and assist in the development of mitigation plans.
The contractor will assist the assigned Portfolio Manager in:
- Support the ORA Front Office in its collaborative efforts with other S&T Offices to communicate, track, and ensure program management best practices are followed as S&T continues to install and refine its revised business process flow. Support shall encompass drafting and distributing meeting notes, development and distribution of meeting agendas, drafting required documentation, and collection, organization and storage of program and office artifacts. Draft correspondence, reports, white papers, minutes, spreadsheets, communications products, briefs, and other documentation.
- Assist in managing data-calls to include coordinating all inputs from ORA staff and collating all required data for review and submission. Assist in the review/clearance of inbound and outbound inquires, requests, and documents from component heads or other agencies; actions or assigned tasks that commit the directorate to actions or dedicate resources; read-ahead items that will be used by DHS leadership (i.e., DHS Secretary, S&T USST) for upcoming meetings or briefings with key stakeholders/or customers.
- Document and provide implementation support for strategies to effectively support ORA’s integration with other key S&T stakeholders, private industry, national labs, university community, and other intergovernmental R&D organizations.
- Working with Strategic Mission Directors (SMDs) on strategic priorities and alignment of portfolios to DHS strategic mission areas, coordinating capability gaps and prioritizations, maintaining capability maps, and coordinating engagements with component Senior Leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of all component customer engagements and projects conducted by S&T to ensure a complete portfolio account. Developing strategies to support and close customer’s key capability gaps and increase mission impacts.
- Maintaining contact with PM and providing customer with regular updates on status of project plan, transition strategy, transition and commercialization approach, and assessment of the solution (internal reviews). Coordinating with other Portfolio Managers to optimize use of resources. Conducting portfolio-level reviews to validate, verify and communicate status.
- Leading/coordinating S&T Integrated Product Team (IPT) engagements with customers through identification and consolidation of mission gaps/needs, requirements decomposition, prioritization of requirements.
- Reviewing/approving project resourcing justification narratives, and project budget proposals (in collaboration with PM). Communicating emergent technology requirements and working with PM Coordinator/Supervisor to assign PMs for each effort. Facilitating work agreements between the customer and PM.
- Assist the ORA Portfolio Managers with the entry of capability gap, requirement, solution analysis, and project data into the ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system to facilitate informed decision-making and R&D execution throughout the S&T Business Process Flow (BPF).
- Manage the ORA Requests Dashboard within ServiceNow. Support tracking and status reporting for information and analysis requests received via the S&T Office of Science and Engineering (OSE) Service Portal.
- BA/BS +10 Years of relevant experience or Master’s +8 years of relevant experience, PhD or JD and 2 years or more experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have at minimum, an active Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a TS clearance within 90 days of contract award.
- Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
- Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
- Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
- Detailed knowledge of and recent demonstrated experience working with appropriate offices and staff within the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE), DHS, DOD, other federal agencies especially in Research and Development, Congress, foreign partners, industry groups, and private sector stakeholder entities on issues relating to the DHS mission space.
- Travel may be required.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.