Position Description: SAIC’s Proposal Development Center is seeking a Senior Proposal Coordinator to support proposal development/submission activities. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with his/her assigned proposal team and other Center team members to provide coordination support on a full range of proposals. Partial telework is available for this position, but the candidate will need to be local to the National Capital region.
Description of Duties:
- Assists proposal managers in providing day-to-day supervision of the proposal process as they plan and build high quality, winning responses to requests for proposals and Government solicitations.
- Assists proposal managers in maintaining the proposal schedule, configuration control of proposal files, planning/control documents, and baseline outlines in accordance with the RFP and the proposal review process.
- Works collaboratively with a wide range of personnel, including book bosses, technical and business subject matter experts, authors, capture managers, contracts managers, and production staff to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development.
- Supports proposal managers with proposal collaboration tool support, user access, artifact population, and backup.
- Serves as the interface between the proposal team and production staff and provides guidance and status reports to the proposal manager on production matters.
- Identifies and proactively helps resolve major writing and production problems.
- Facilitates desktop publishing, graphics, editing, and reproduction activities throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Works closely with the proposal manager and color review chair to support reviews with management and internal subject matter experts, including setting up reviews, sending review invites/notices, preparing review materials, and merging review comments.
- Assists the proposal manager in reviewing proposal artifacts for compliance and responsiveness against solicitation requirements.
- Serves as backup to the proposal manager when he/she is not available to host stand-up meetings or answer questions.
- Minimum of high school degree and 8 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a defined proposal-related role.
- Demonstrated experience assisting in the preparation/maintenance of proposal management artifacts (e.g., outline, compliance matrix, schedule, and proposal cross-reference matrix).
- Experience mentoring junior personnel and new hires on coordination roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types while meeting assignment demands.
- Experience supporting local and virtual team members across various geographical locations.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word, and Adobe Professional.
- Local to the DC Metro area.
- Experience or familiarity with Virtual Proposal Center (VPC).
- Experience or familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.