SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Hampton, VA supporting NASA on the NICS program.
- Develop security control selection guidance consistent with the organization’s risk management strategy.
- Draft and review information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Complete regular situational awareness reports and daily reports.
- Perform regular management and maintenance of network vulnerability scanning tools and other cybersecurity tools and performing vulnerability assessment scans as necessary.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Provide input/artifacts as part of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process including reviews and accreditations.
- Provide guidance on vulnerability and malware remediation.
- Provide Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) database information inputs.
- Suggest cybersecurity solutions and process improvements to help minimize the risks to the information system.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
- Compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, NIST 800-53 and FIPS 199.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five (5) years or more related experience. Master’s degree in a related field and three (3) or more years related experience. Experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Five to seven years of related IT experience with demonstrated progressive technical experience.
- Extensive knowledge of RMF (Risk Management Framework)
- Knowledge of network vulnerability scanning tools, other cybersecurity tools and performing vulnerability assessment scans.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers
- One of the following Certifications: CISSP (or Associate); CAP; CASP+ CE; CISM; GSLC; CCISO
- Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Knowledge of a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access
- Knowledge and experience with the operating system and network knowledge (i.e., Local Area Networks [LAN] and Wide Area Networks [WAN])
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current Secret Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.