SAIC has on opportunity for a Database Administrator in Lakewood, CO! This role provides on-site coverage (8 hour shifts) during the hours of operation from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time Monday thru Friday. The candidate should also be available for participation in on-call schedule for technical out of hours support.
This role may allow temporary remote work during Covid-19. Earliest start date is June 1, 2021.
- Perform analysis and design of new application database systems
- Perform analysis and modifications for existing application database systems
- Performs database research and analysis and provides recommendations for the most productive use of the variety of computer resources
- Adhere to all government standards for database access
- Experience with high availability and clustered database servers
- Install, upgrade, patch, maintain and monitor all SQL Server instances in accordance with defined best-practices.
- Conduct performance tuning on database instances using database management and monitoring tools.
- Implement database backup and recovery and daily operational procedures in support of hosted database systems.
- Perform database restores and recovery, participate in annual Disaster Recovery exercises and document procedures and test results.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and provide second level on-call support.
- Perform problem analysis to define, determine and document a solution. And coordinate with staff and customers on the implementation of the solution.
- Assist Security with conducting internal system reviews and audits in accordance with defined policies and procedures to ensure all database instances conform to specified security guidelines.
- Ensure SLA availability windows are met for all customer's databases.
- Set up and configure encrypted database connections
- Develop, maintain and implement scheduled jobs, Windows batch scripts and PowerShell scripts that perform required functions specified by the clients. Examples include:
- Scheduled file transfer
- Page File mitigation
- Local database backups
- Account password expiration notification email
- Certificate expiration notification email
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; or high school and five (5) years experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with Windows batch scripting and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization using monitoring tools.
- Effective communication and documentation skills; needed for gathering requirements and documenting highly technical processes
- Experience with backups, restores and knowledge of recovery models
- Experience working with high-availability and Windows server clustering
- Server and System administration including Security audits
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with incident ticketing systems such as Remedy
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance prior to starting work.
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.