The Vanguard 2.2.1 contract is seeking a Data Visualization Developer to support the data analysis and reporting capability for the Office of Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technology within the Bureau of Information Resource Management at the Department of State. The team is seeking a motivated individual with a background in data evaluation and analysis. We are a team of “doers” with a bias towards action and have a proven track record of implementing innovative technology solutions to solve complex challenges. Our team believes in the importance of usability, user experience, and design within our applications. We’re breaking the stereotype of clunky government applications by using modern design and project management tools, such rapid prototyping and agile development methodologies, to build and customize solutions that are easy to use and effective at meeting their business objectives.
Position may offer telework during Covid-19, but may be called onsite at any time by customer.
- Summary: Responsible for collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and presenting and/or reporting on results using statistical methods, with a focus on presenting this information in the Splunk environment. Acquire data from multiple data sources and maintain resulting databases, data warehouses, and/or data lakes. Develop and implement data collection systems, organize data to efficiently normalize and attain accurate results. Turn data into information, and information into shareable knowledge and business insight via a visually positive user experience. Design and build presentations, reports, dashboards, and other visual representations of the data for executives, stakeholders, service area owners, and the general user community, with a main focus on using Splunk as the platform.
- Duties: Work directly with customers to provide identification, collection, definition, maintenance, search, reporting, and dashboard capabilities from data gathered across IT service, asset, configuration, and event monitoring systems. Support the compilation, analysis and submission of customer requested IT service reporting. Able to facilitate requirements, design, test, change request and implementation activities related to the maintenance and improvement of data sets. Collect, analyze, and report on IT service level metrics and key performance indicators. Monitor service performance, interpret trends and pattern in complex data sets, and identify improvement opportunities.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Business or Statistics and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 1 year of experience supporting IT services.
- Holds 1-2 technical certifications related to database design and/or data analysis preferred.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational IT practices, systems, and their interrelationships, and how data is used to attain technical, organizational, and service performance insights.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Must at least hold an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Preferred Skills & Additional Certifications
- Experience and/or certified in Splunk
- Experience with SaaS based platforms such as ServiceNow or Salesforce
- Familiarity with collaboration tools:
- Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
- MS Teams
- Certified in SAS, SQL, R, Python, or Java
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.