Job ID: 213866
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2021
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Cloud Migration Architect to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
SAIC requires qualified and experienced support to enhance common infrastructure capabilities to improve the overall security posture and supportability of systems hosted in AWS which include access controls, monitoring and logging, baseline Amazon Machine Images (AMI), networking, deployment and compliance automation for both Linux and Windows workloads, Identity Federation, Console Access, API Access, OS Level Access, Deployment Automation, Source Integration, Create/Update Stack, Orchestration, Containerization in AWS and multi-cloud environment.
• Be able to support all activities identified under the Summary paragraph.
• Provide expertise to design, develop, test, and/or demonstrate working solutions to meet objectives for enhancing infrastructure capabilities within AWS and deliver documentation to effectively plan and implement those solutions.
• Work as part of Lean Agile team and follow operational standards, AWS best practices, and support change control activities. Track defects due to non-compliance with standards, best practices or system/software bugs and provide a remediation plan for each defect.
• Use FedRAMP approved services and implement capabilities to meet security controls defined under a System Security Plan (SSP). Implement federation/network connectivity, and establish standardize monitoring (i.e. pipe log aggregation to Splunk). Ensure any syslog configuration needs are included in base images.
• Lead and/or support architecture and design, coding, testing (i.e. unit, integration, regression, performance, security), configuration and release management, defect triage, and deployment tasks.
• Expertise with AWS Well Architected Framework and AWS Best Practices to implement Amazon Web Services
• Expertise using AWS CLI, CloudFormation, and AWS-Roles
• Experience with integrating various systems in an integrated and hybrid cloud environment using AWS, to include installation, operation, maintenance, documentation, and disaster recovery with complete and incomplete documentation
• Experience in automation and containerization
• Expertise using Splunk and/or QRadar for log aggregation
• Experience exercising operational rigor, documenting steps, backing up artifacts, and validating services and code through unit testing and analysis
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other engineering or technical discipline and 9 years’ experience required.
• Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
• Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross functional team to implement solutions.
• Industry-recognized security certification - CISSP, CISA, SABSA SCF, Federal CIO Cloud Architectures
• Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms.
Experience architecting security solutions to safeguard network, infrastructure, data, and applications, and APIs.
• Knowledge or experience designing a solution to operate from a FEDRAMP certified CSP environment.
• Knowledge of Federal Identity and Access Management solutions with insight into industry best practices for Public Key Infrastructure, Authentication, Authorization, and Access Control.
• Knowledge of Federal Cybersecurity and Risk Management policies.
• Deep understanding of Defense in Depth Strategies to address dynamic threats.
• Developing recommendations for business process or technical changes for Director / SES level decision makers.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.