JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer with research, design, test and/or evaluation experience for an exciting opportunity in Huntsville, AL. In this role you will demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of computer hardware design and performance as well as network architecture and routing. You will be supporting a team that provides system-of-systems engineering and integration solutions that protect and mitigate hostile actions against military personnel, resources and facilities. This team integrates commercial off-the-shelf sensors including chemical and biological, acoustical, radar and other sensors that are used by both terrestrial and unmanned aerial systems to improve facility monitoring, and delivers systems and software to provide increased situational awareness, enhanced standoff and security posture and deterrence.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Research embedded system components, designs and associated advances in computational technology. Includes but not limited to: Network and video cards, microprocessors, microcontrollers, supercomputers, microcomputers, GPUs, firewalls, routers, switches and circuit design.
Analyze computer and network applications and identify alternative methods to improve/optimize established equipment, processes and/or procedures. Provide detailed theoretical and practical applications of potential solutions which may lead to evolutionary and/or revolutionary computing paradigm shifts. Load, license and test software packages on patched systems.
Solve technical issues associated with operating systems, databases, Virtual Machines, message routing, and other IT related tasks. Support Onsite Test and Evaluation events. Provide reach back support for fielded systems and personnel.
Quantify the costs and benefits associated with each detail oriented design/solution and be able to effectively organize, present and explain the results.
Perform Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline and 5 years of research, design, test and/or evaluation experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer hardware design and performance as well as network architecture and routing.
- Experience working on computer/network infrastructure design and optimization.
- System and Network Admin experience with remote support.
- Experience developing schematics, parts lists, wiring diagrams and assembly diagrams.
- Experience selecting hardware to meet government/military production requirements.
- Experience reviewing documents, and drawings produced by other engineers and drafting personnel.
- Experience coordinating with various engineers, analysts, and technicians to solve complex problems.
- Experience performing checkout of equipment and developing and documenting associated procedures.
- Experience interfacing with electronic interfaces (RS422, Ethernet, CAN Bus, servo motor controllers, etc.).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.