SAIC is seeking a Principal Policy Analyst in Arlington, VA! The Principal Policy Analyst will provide onsite support Headquarters United States Air Force (AF/A10) Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, CWMD Division (AF/A10S) to analyze, interpret, and integrate national security policy, strategy and planning guidance into effective AF policies, procedures, and guidance relating to CWMD operations. Technical Analyst will also provide DOTMLPFP analytical support for improving DAF CWMD capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing support for day-to-day CWMD requirements, taskings, and special projects
- Review, research, draft, respond, comment, evaluate, coordinate, and route, in the proper AF format, items such as: SSSs; information, background, point, and white papers; staffing packages; and other actions related to CWMD and CBRN defense related issues and inquiries
- Review, analyze, and coordinate DoD, JS, CCMD, AF, MAJCOM, and other agencies/Service CWMD documents and programs, and assist in preparing division, directorate, and/or the DCS responses to these documents
- Review and comment on planning, programming, guidance, and strategy documents;
TTPs; CONOPs and operational plans; publications; security and policy documents, and reviews; advanced concept technology demonstration plans; policy proclamations; and doctrine. Responses may be in the form of formal letters and memorandums, emails, SSSs for coordination, and/or comment matrixes
- Complete staff packages whether internally generated or received from external organizations
- Support special projects serving as the AF POC, preparing briefings, and/or drafting papers
- Conduct analysis and research current and relevant issues to support AF/A10S in developing strategies and courses of action
- Research, respond, and support actions resulting mainly from OSD, JS, and AF taskings
- Support A10 participation in CWMD- and CBRND-related corporate forums, policy and planning meetings, workshops, mission area task forces, analytical subgroups, standing or ad hoc panels, committees, working groups, and conferences by preparing background papers, executing logistics requirements, and preparing/proposing Air Force talking points and major issues for discussion, defense or presentation
- Provide logistical support for A10-sponsored CWMD and CBRND forums (e.g., meetings, working groups, panels, conferences)
- Provide DOTMLPFP analytical support for improving DAF CWMD capabilities
- Support the review of DoD planning documents, including the Defense planning Guidance and other mission-related documentation in order to ensure all AF CWMD and AF nuclear requirements and objectives are accounted for and included in the DoD planning documents
- Conduct gap studies and analyses, as required by AF/A10S, to improve understanding of all-spectrum CWMD operational readiness gaps or allied/Joint best practices, and to understand planning gaps (e.g., OPLANs, Global Campaign Plans)
- Possess and maintain an active TS clearance with SCI and subcompartment eligibility.
- BA/BS and ten years policy/analyst experience or MA/MS and eight years experience
- Working knowledge of Air Force Operations and impact of CBRN environments
- Familiarity with the Air Force CWMD missions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience working in complex environments with multiple points of contact.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Joint Commands and Joint Staff
- Knowledge of DAF organization and its headquarters responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of CWMD policy and doctrine
- Direct experience as a rated inspector, evaluator, or agile combat support experience working directly on the flightline in MOPP simulated CBRN environments
- Demonstrated extensive experience with both using and interpreting M&S tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the CBRN hazard environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.