Job ID: 213798
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Ground System Engineer to work in the Systems Program Office (SPO). A qualified candidate should be familiar with space systems ground segment acquisitions and related Operations & Maintenance (O&M) of those systems. The successful candidate will provide direct support for major program acquisitions. This program procures satellite vehicles with associated ground segments. The ground segment consists of ground command and control (C2) software and hardware, and includes Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) and networks. This individual will provide primary support to the development branch. Activities leverage understanding of full life-cycle system support, from procurement to O&M, including requirements analysis, requirements tracking, system design and development through delivery, installation, and sell-off. There is a focus on systems integration, testing, analysis, and requirements verification.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelors of Science degree and 14 years or more experience; Masters and 12 years or more experience; PhD or JD and 9 years or more experience
- Experience in acquisition processes to include proposal technical evaluations, budgetary planning, and contract execution.
- Experience in organizing meetings, project coordination, and writing/reviewing technical reports
- Experience in risk management planning and mitigation
- Experience delivering integrated software and hardware
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel overseas
- CSEP and or PMP certifications
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.