SAIC is hiring an Electrical Engineer (AoA Controller) to join our team in Crane, Indiana as a Part-time Employee !
NOTE: This position offers partial remote / virtual / work from home due to COVID-19. The work will be performed around 50% at the SAIC Office / home and 50% at Crane.
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and evaluates results.
- Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Specifically working the 714 redesign.
- Investigation of the ARINC 615A Standard
- Investigation of FPGAs
- Investigation of Single Board Computer vs Embedded Computing Options
- Verify and validate the design, the following testing activities are proposed.
- Creation of the Test Requirements Document or similar
- Creation and execution of a Test Plan to include testing of all Software, Firmware and Hardware to include but not limited to the following
- Testing of all software: calibration, self-test, O-Level Test, OFP Loader
- Environmental testing
- Electromagnetic Interference Testing
- Any testing off-site (at Lakehurst or Patuxent River, MD)
- Creation of the Test Report to include all testing.
Participate in Systems Engineering Management Plan:
- includes Risk Management
- includes Configuration Management
- includes Integrated Master Schedule
- Hardware Design Document
- Test Requirements Document
- Manufacturing Routings/Production Instructions
- Testability Requirements Analysis Report
- Product Performance Specification
- Hardware Interface Control Drawing
- Calibration Measurement Requirements Summary (CMRS)
- Hardware Requirements Specification
- Software Development Plan
- Software Requirements Specification
- Software Design Document
- System Subsystem Design Document
- Memory Map
- Acceptance Test Procedures (to include Environmental Stress Screening)
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; Masters and one (1) years or more experience.
- Electrical Engineering experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be able to:
- Communicate well
- Work within a team to find solutions
- Document processes and provide expertise for customer feedback
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.