Job ID: 213456
Location: AUGUSTA, GA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
****This position is for Night Shift (6PM - 2AM)****
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity.
The Security Product Support Analyst (Security PSA) provides Tier-2 technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to endpoint security software and security features enabled within the Windows 10 operating system.
Security PSAs are responsible for responding to, documenting, and resolving incident tickets in a timely manner according to SLAs. Successful Security PSAs have excellent problem solving skills enabling them to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to the appropriate resolver. This position supports multiple security products from McAfee, Carbon Black, Bromium, Microsoft, ForeScout, and others.
• Analyze and respond to security events from security data sources
• Interface with customers, service desk agents, and engineers in a polite, positive, and professional manner to resolve escalated technical issues
• Promptly handle incoming support calls and respond in a timely manner within documented SLAs to support tickets
• Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
• Resolve problems independently and follow documented escalation procedures
• Monitor systems to detect incidents or unauthorized/malicious activity
• Recommend improvements to procedures and guidelines related to support services
• Liaison with senior USAF personnel
• Maintain technical knowledge and stay current on work related emerging technologies and industry best practices
• Identifying or investigating and escalating potential issues affecting IT security
• Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to IT or cyber security infrastructure such as: networks or Firewall or Virtual Private Network or Web proxies/gateways or Intrusion Detection & prevention systems or Host security systems
Required Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of Degree.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a team player
• DOD secret clearance or higher is required
• Must be a US citizen
• Valid CompTIA Security+ CE certification or other IAT level 2 certification
Desired Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• Experience recommending and implementing technical change in IT organizations
• Life-long learner who enjoys staying current on emerging technologies
• Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
• Demonstrated familiarity with STIG requirements within DoD environment required
• Experience performing vulnerability scans and providing remediation recommendations
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.