The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a Communications Security (COMSEC) Auditor to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
The position directly supports DoS to provide COMSEC support in providing audit assistance for the DoS COMSEC custodians located domestically and OCONUS. This position requires extensive foreign and domestic travel to DOS posts located worldwide.
Description of Duties:
- Perform audits of COMSEC accounts to include reviewing and assessing the adequacy of COMSEC accountability and tracking documents in line with CNSSI No. 4005 and Department of State policy.
- Ensure personnel on site are adhering to proper regulations, procedures for storage, maintenance, and handling of COMSEC material and documentation.
- Provide proper guidance in the maintenance and usage of COMSEC Material.
- Complete pre-audit planning to include logistics scheduling, visa management and tracking.
- Draft post-audit documentation and summary reporting.
- Knowledge of COMSEC logistics functions with regards to the ordering and distribution of COMSEC material.
- Adhering to and ensuring enforcement of the national policies relating to protection of cryptographic material, including two-person integrity.
- Drafting correspondence and official audit report message traffic utilizing State Messaging and Archive Retrieval Toolset (SMART) - for wide distribution within the Department of State.
- Provide training to COMSEC account personnel on Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) concepts and processes.
- Working knowledge of COMSEC Accounting, Reporting, and Distribution System (CARDS).
- Provide corrective actions to personnel as well as document any COMSEC security violations – cryptographic security, physical security, emissions security as listed in the Department of State FAH and FAM guidance.
- Provide fundamental training on key inventory process to include distribution, tracking, and destruction of keys on Tier 3 data transfer devices (DTD) such as Really Simple Key Loader (RASKL) and KIK-20 Secure DTD2000 System (SDS).
- Provide on-site assistance and training for secure voice equipment.
- Ability to train on and interact with Inline Network Encryption (INE) devices such as KG-175D, KG-175F, KG-175G, and KG-250X.
- Interacting and briefing key customers on the standing of each COMSEC account.
- Assist with planning and implementing annual COMSEC Auditor security trainings and seminars.
Required Education, Experience, Skills & Certifications
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience;
- NSA-approved COMSEC Account Manager certification (DoD/Military Branch equivalent)
- A minimum of five years of experience as a COMSEC Custodian or Alternate with at least 1 year at a 6-digit National-level COMSEC account.
- Previous experience working with a Central Office of Record environment providing support and guidance to subordinate COMSEC accounts.
- Knowledge of cryptographic equipment such as INE, DTD, and Secure Voice.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Exceptional communication skills to include high level of writing, editing and proofreading competency as well as an advanced oral communication skillset.
- Familiarity with shipping classified or confidential materials.
- Certification as a COMSEC custodian from an accredited training facility.
- Familiarity with COMSEC Accounting, Reporting and Distribution System (CARDS).
- Must hold a Top Secret clearance to be considered.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Preferred candidates will have an IAT Level 2 certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Key Management Infrastructure (KMI).
- Knowledge of Black Key Distribution methodology.
- Department of State COMSEC Custodian course certification
- KMI Management Client certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.