SAIC has an opening for a Senior Cloud Engineer. This position can be worked remotely nationwide.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be responsible for working with SAIC technology teams to help develop and implement SAIC’s next generation technologies. The objective is to leverage the power of Government Cloud services to enable business agility and operational efficiencies through the adoption of Cloud solutions and automation. This approach will involve a combination of public and private clouds in a hybrid multi-cloud environment. This role is hands on, will provide technical leadership, and help shape the strategic direction of Cloud technologies at SAIC.
Lead-level and hands on experience working in environments with modern Cloud technologies is required to help drive SAIC’s Cloud adoption and continuous maturity.
- Provide technical and thought leadership while promoting the adoption of modern Cloud technologies.
- Develop, mentor, and coach SAIC team members on cloud best practices and technologies.
- Partner with SAIC IT teams including Cyber Security to execute on our SAIC-ITO Cloud Strategy.
- Work closely with application, network, EA, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in cloud solution designs.
- Assess, plan, build, and migrate applications and services to public cloud.
- Maintain compliance with FEDRAMP, DFARs, CMMC and other mandated security requirements including NIST standards.
- Leverage automation to enforce standards, build repeatable processes, and optimize cloud spend.
- Assist in the development and presentation of Cloud related business cases.
- Apply modern native Cloud technologies to deliver operational efficiencies.
- Develop and apply Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices.
- Develop Cloud processes and standards that align with industry best practices.
- Develop a self-service Infrastructure cloud provisioning platform using best-of-breed tools.
- Develop highly available HA cloud solutions that leverage availability zones and geo-redundancy regions as necessary.
- Develop proof of concepts as needed to demonstrate cloud-based solutions.
- Provide recommendations on cloud strategy and design for implementation.
- Maintain quality documentation for enterprise-wide solutions, standards, and best practices.
- Stay current with industry trends and new cloud-native services as they are made available.
- Help teams build enterprise-monitoring, alerting, and log analytics solutions for the cloud.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, with 9+ years of experience or Master's Degree with 7+ years of experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of hands-on Cloud Engineering experience with public clouds (Azure, AWS preferred).
- 4+ years of experience developing scripts, software, and tools to support infrastructure.
- Certified Azure Solutions Architect or Certified Azure Administrator preferred.
- Demonstrated senior level proficiency with Microsoft Azure administration, VMWare Administration, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI), PowerShell scripting, PaaS, IaaS, server-less, and public cloud storage constructs.
- Experience of with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (Terraform, JSON, PowerShell, etc…)
- Knowledge of web services and APIs.
- Experience with Public cloud networking.
- Experience with Public Cloud security.
- Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc…)
- Exceptional personal communication and teamwork interaction skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.