SAIC is seeking a qualified Sr. Acquisition Support Specialist will provide acquisition management support personnel in the senior acquisition labor category to conduct acquisition planning activities for complex to extremely complex programs in accordance with Federal, DoD, Air Force and JWAC laws regulations, policies, directives and instructions.
Job responsibilities include:
- provide senior acquisition management support to the government acquisition manager in the execution of existing programs and the development of new acquisition initiatives. The contractor shall assist the government acquisition by ensuring that
- projects are in conformance with current DoD directives (i.e. 5000 and 8000 series) and the Milestone Decision Authority approved baseline as shown in the project’s Acquisition Program Baseline document.
- provide senior acquisition management support to the planning, organizing, managing critical aspects of the engineering, development, production and/or deployment of systems and equipment.
- provide senior acquisition management support to various project actions and activities to include meetings, vendor performance tracking, milestone planning, briefing preparation, staff coordination, risk management and decision document preparation.
- provide senior acquisition management support to the government acquisition manager in the development of ongoing and crucial core protection competencies that advance specific projects/activities (including cyber) to deliver comprehensive, economical and actionable solutions for both programmatic and operational domains.
- identify solutions to balance near-term results with long-term acquisition, architecture and strategic objectives. Assist with requirement matrix of capabilities to ensure results meet stakeholder’s goals.
- draft reports on research and findings for the Integrated Project Teams (IPTs), Functional Managers (FM), and senior JWAC decision-makers. For program reviews and joint program reviews, draft procedures and formats for the IPTs to use. The contractor shall provide support in all acquisition management efforts in drafting IPT agendas.
- 10 years of relevant experience with Air Force acquisition processes, procedures and functions
- Bachelors or master’s degree with a minimum of 24 semester credit hours in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance or related course work.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.