JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring a Data Scientist in Huntsville, AL. In this role you will provide data analytics expertise to plan, coordinate and conduct analysis related to new technologies being assessed by the US Army’s PEO Aviation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Serve as the data analytics expert to assessment team in identifying, developing, and assessing alternative data sources for inclusion into the data collection efforts.
Provide subject matter expertise within an integrated working group in developing analytical performance metrics to assess achievement of desired future force effects.
Manage large quantities of data, develop strategies, develop metrics, and provide recommendations reinforced with meaningful data for courses of action (COA) to leadership and decision-makers.
Provide data-driven recommendations that are tactically and operationally relevant.
Advise the assessment director as the subject matter expert on data analytics.
Provide assessment frameworks to support quantitative and qualitative analysis for capability exploration events.
Incorporate risk analysis into risk mitigation strategies that help identify less desirable outcomes of capability explorations, their probabilities, and the appropriate action for risk mitigation.
Demonstrated experience with leveraging existing business intelligence capabilities to take data/information and aggregate that data/information for decision-making at senior levels.
Support the generation and delivery of reports and briefings on the data collected and the resulting analysis and recommendations to leadership
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5 years of experience in data analytics in related technical matters or subjects.
- US Citizen with an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Thorough understanding of analytics concepts coupled with a thorough understanding of Army tactical operations to provide reliable analysis and recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge with various techniques associated with data ingestion, data conditioning, identifying data anomalies and data aggregation
- Demonstrated experience with using open analytical source tools (for example, R, Python and SQL).
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the structure/type of data ingested into a model to determine the optimal statistical method to use to verify models and determine that algorithms are performing correctly.
- Prior military experience (Active Duty, or DA Civilian or Civilian Contractor) highly desired
- Experience working on classified networks and interfacing with military staffs at the operational and strategic level.
- Ability to manage and operate assessment frameworks within the Strategic Management System software platform.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.