SAIC is seeking a Senior Principal Specialty Engineer (Temporary position) opportunity for a Warfighter Integration Office (WIO) Liaison to represent Headquarters Air Combat Command’s (HQ ACC) A5/8Z Advanced Programs Division. The successful applicant will steer development of advanced Science and Technology (S&T) programs to transition into the Combat Air Forces (CAF). You will coordinate across MAJCOMs, Air Staff and AFWIC to integrate priorities across the warfighting portfolio to shape CAF programming strategy to ensure warfighter future requirements are met.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as ACC/A5/8Z's senior technical advisor to the WIO supporting program management, requirements definition, technical, and analytical support
· Provide operational, technical, and analytical assistance to document JCIDS and other MAJCOM and Special Access Requirements
· Regularly interface with OSD, Joint Staff, Air Staff, MAJCOMs, NAFs, AF TENCAP, FFRDCs, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with ACC/A5/8Z.
· Provide advice and assistance to leadership in the areas of mission needs and requirements analysis, concept of operations development, program tradeoff analysis, program roadmap creation including technology insertion, platform integration, and support planning
· Recommend policy changes and support the communication of policy changes
· Assist in the drafting, review and implementation of procedures, policy, systems capability definition and requirement documents, and guidance for incorporation into CAF operations
· Provide security/indoc briefing to personnel
· Plan, coordinate, and attend ACC/A5/8Z official functions and conferences
· Represent ACC/A5/8Z at CAF requirements meeting and other SAP planning meetings
· Position requires up to 10% travel to CONUS, Alaska, and Hawaii areas, OCONUS travel possible
Education and Expereince
- Bachelor’s with 14 years of military aerospace technology experience, Master's and 12 or PhD and 9 Years
- Ten (10) years’ experience in one or all of the following disciplines: A-A/A-G weapons, electronic warfare, or electronic countermeasure systems
- Three (3) years MAJCOM staff, or equivalent experience. (Above Wing level or sister service equivalent)
- Previous rated pilot or Weapons System Officer or 10 years of working operational requirement programs
- Five (5) years of SAP experience required
- Active Top Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.