SAIC is seeking a Capture Management leader to focus on growth and capture initiatives within the NRO. The position is a direct report to the Vice President, Business Development, NRO. The Capture Manager is responsible for directing and managing one (1) to four (4) pursuits, assuming primary ownership and accountability for the proposed solution maturation through the Corporate Business Development and Capture Management Processes to include teaming and price to win strategies for compliant and compelling proposals.
Provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans following established internal gates and using standard tools and processes – with emphasis on win strategies – themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
• Position requires effective management and leadership of capture teams. Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
• Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements • Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
• Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
• Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
• Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
• Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
• Leads and negotiates teaming agreements and strategic alliances
• Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
• Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
• Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study. Degree may be substituted for relevant years of experience
• Minimum of 8 years of capture management or related business experience in Intelligence and/or Space sector. 18 years of cumulative experience required.
• Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
• Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
• The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
• Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
• Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
• Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture
• Active Top Secret with SCI security clearance is required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability