SAIC is seeking a Journey Level Acoustic Sonar Dome Mechanical Engineer Sr to provide Mechanical Engineering support to the Underwater Sensor Systems Program Team in Bedford, IN.
Note: This position is 100% remote/flexwork/work from home.
This position requires a background in design, development, quality analysis, failure analysis, and manufacturing of underwater acoustic sonar domes for military use as well as system subcomponents. The Engineer independently plans and accomplishes visual inspection and oversight of foundry production management and weldment fabrication.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings in order to inspect poured and fabricated parts for quality. Must be familiar with CAD modeling, specifically Solidworks and AutoCAD programs. Individual will be interfacing with government personnel to review casting production reports and support sonar dome production, logistics and installation.
- Develops static and dynamic design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, or a related field with 7+ years of demonstrated sonar dome experience (preferred).
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated sonar dome experience
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.