SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator to support our efforts in Huntsville, AL. SAIC is supporting the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) at Redstone Arsenal in development of the Radar Training Device (RTD). A Systems Administrator is needed for small infrastructure in trailers to include wireless network support and cross-support to other THAAD Trainer projects as needed.
The RTD provides realistic training in THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations, emplacement, and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Radar and includes an Antenna Equipment Unit (AEU), a Cooling Equipment Unit (CEU), and an Electronic Equipment Unit (EEU). The RTD replicates the THAAD Radar to the extent necessary to support the training of the THAAD Interactive Electronic Training Manual (IETM) instructions.
The Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) provides realistic institutional training in all areas of the THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Fire Control and Communication (TFCC), Radar, and Launcher components. The ICOFT replicates the tactical system environment and supports training of the TFCC, Radar, and Launcher tactical software. The ICOFT software will be used in the RTD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain administration of a DoD network, server, and client based operating systems (Windows 7/10, Server 2012R2, Server 2008R2, Solaris, and Red Hat Linux)
- Maintain the enclave environment consisting of: Cisco network, Cisco MDS fiber channel, EMC Data Domain/Avamar, EMC VNXe, Dell servers, VMware/vSphere 6.0, Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft SQL Server, Linux/Unix distributions and Active directory or script-managed user accounts
- Derive systems requirements for future IT systems to support the software development environment
- Evaluate courses of action for system design changes, system improvements, and configuration changes to baseline architecture
- Utilize hypervisor (VMware) & virtualization concepts to develop improved architecture concepts
- Manage a VMware view virtual desktop infrastructure
- Maintain the environmental configuration and security of the testbed
- Maintain compliance with S3I safety standards, facility standards, facility security standards
- Maintain and develop storage and network diagrams, switch router configuration files and course of action/analysis of problems and recommended alternatives
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field and 4 years experience (4 years equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree)
Must possess a SECRET security clearance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with a laboratory environment
- Security + Continuing Education and a Computing Environment certification
- Experience in the management of VMware view virtual desktop infrastructure design
10% Travel should be expected
Experience with IAVA updates
Experience with THAAD or BMDS system architectures
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability