SAIC is seeking an experienced Defense Sector Liaison for our Proposal Development Center in Reston, VA. This position allows for telework. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of the Proposal Development Center and is responsible for managing a team of proposal managers and writing team, as well as working closely with the Defense business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel may be possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work with BU leadership to ensure successful management of Defense pipeline is tied to proposal support
- Work with business development, capture, and operational BU leadership to ensure support for timely development of proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity Leverage government debrief and win/loss information to better prepare proposal management, business development, capture management, and operational leadership for future opportunities.
- Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the capture management, business development, and operational leadership to development an understanding of the PDC CONOPS, training offerings, and a path forward to support Defense proposals.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development and share with Defense BU to better understand best practices.
- Provide updates regarding proposal progress to PDC Leadership requiring additional support: action items, identified risks, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion with capture management, business development, and operational leadership; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Participate in color reviews, lead to convene color teams and support color team package. Be available to support color review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
- Lead/drive proposal management and writing leaders to monitor, facilitate, and provide actionable performance again set goal, objectives, and expected capabilities.
- Support proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance throughout the proposal cycle for Defense BU.
- Bachelor’s Degree (can be substituted with years of experience)
- Active Secret Clearance
- 15 to 20 years of demonstrated experience managing and writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality material
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team leader
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.